Call us: 01842 861114

Blazetech Fire Protection

Fire Protection

Quali-block-fpa
  • Blazetech's Throwable Extinguisher on Channel 4

    Blazetech Fire's innovative Throwable Fire Extinguisher is featured on Channel 4's GadgetMan show with Richard Ayoade.

    Read more...

    0 comments

  • New regulations will reduce fuse board fires

    New regulations, which come into effect on January 2015, will mean that all fuse boards fitted in residential properties will have to be made of fireproof material or be in a special fireproof box. The change will form part of the electrical installation regulations (BS7671) which are reviewed every three years under the BSI committee JPEL64.

    Read more...

    0 comments

  • Mildenhall Business Breakfast

    We went to a great breakfast meeting this morning (Thursday, 3rd July 2014) with lots of like-minded business owners from the Mildenhall area. I look forward to seeing you all again at the next Mildenhall Business Group meeting. If you own or manage a business in the Mildenhall area please pop along and meet us all, (there's also a great breakfast!). First Thursday of each month at The Riverside Hotel @7:00am.

    Read more...

    0 comments

  • Millions of grime fires started in UK Kitchens

    Four million people have experienced a grime fire in their kitchen according to research released today by the Electrical Safety Council (ESC) to mark Electrical Fire Safety Week.

    Grime fires are the result of dirty and messy kitchens and are caused by the ignition of excess fat in cooking appliances, clutter stored by heat sources catching fire, or by dirt, dust and crumbs blocking ventilation and causing products to overheat.

    As grime fires are often caused by hidden dirt or overlooked mess, they can easily be avoided by thoroughly cleaning the kitchen on a regular basis and tidying away mess. Yet research from the ESC shows that a third of people can’t remember the last time their oven or the area behind their fridge was cleaned , one in seven admit to regularly blocking vents with objects, and one in ten even confess to leaving flammable items next to heat sources .

    These unseen or overlooked fire risks are particularly worrying since more than half of all house fires are started by kitchen appliances (21,036 out of 37,061 house fires last year). The build up of dust, dirt and grime is also responsible for thousands of serious burns or broken electrical appliances in the kitchen .

    Hectic lifestyles are often to blame for not cleaning the kitchen properly, and common excuses include being too busy or battling other priorities. And a fifth of people confess to putting themselves at risk because they are just too lazy to clean as well as they should.

    It is families who are particularly hard-pushed for time, with two fifths confessing that they find it difficult to keep their house clean and tidy – extending to two thirds of parents with children under five years old.

    Emma Apter from the Electrical Safety Council said: “People are increasingly busy and have so much going on it’s easy for cleaning to take a backseat, but a build up of grime, dust and even food crumbs in kitchen appliances can cause fires or stop them working.

    “Grime can often build up without you realising, so you might think you have a clean kitchen but if you look closer there can be an electrical fire waiting to happen. I’d urge everyone to clean their appliances as often as possible, and take care not to leave objects lying around in the kitchen that could ignite or block ventilation.”

    The ESC conducted the research, to raise awareness of electrical fires in the kitchen as part of Electrical Fire Safety Week (23rd – 27th September 2013), run in partnership with the Government’s Fire Kills campaign. As electricity is the cause of 350,000 serious injuries each year and half of all house fires, the charity is urging everyone to follow their simple tips to stay safe in the kitchen more broadly:

    Clean your oven and grill on a regular basis to avoid the build up of excess fat

    Check your plug sockets are not overloaded with too many electrical appliances as this can lead to overheating

    Avoid storing objects on top of appliances like the microwave, which can block ventilation

    Defrost your fridge and freezer at least once a year to ensure these appliances continue to work properly

    Ensure you have a working smoke detector in case something does go wrong

    Read more...

    0 comments

  • Sole UK Distributors for NEW Innovative Domestic Extinguishers

    Blazetech Fire Protection are proud to be sole UK distributors of Soteria Fire Fighting products.

    Take a look at the NEW Cooking Oil Extinguisher Sachet and the REVOLUTIONARY Throwable Fire Extinguisher on our website or on our YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/BlazetechFire

    Read more...

    0 comments

Blazetech Blog

Photo crop (passport)

Web feed

Welcome to our blog

Blazetech Fire Protection are a family-run business based in East Anglia.
We are experienced professionals in all aspects of Fire Safety and can help you, your staff and your premises stay safe and legal.

Call us on: 01842 861114
or
Email: info@blazetechfire.co.uk
or
scan the barcode
with your
smartphone

You are viewing the text version of this site.

To view the full version please install the Adobe Flash Player and ensure your web browser has JavaScript enabled.

Need help? check the requirements page.


Get Flash Player